Known Bugs in WinCOGENT 1.02.06
- It's possible to create malformed condition definitions by inserting
subconditions when a condition isn't specified.
- It is not possible to create a send message to a stack.
- Pasting a box onto the canvas yields a copy of the box directly
underneath the original and with the same name. As a result, there is no
obvious sign that anything has happened. (The copy should have a slightly
different name, and be offset a little.)
- Focus switches from the Run|Options window to the root window when the
Run|Options window is closed. Instead, focus should revert to the window that
was on top when the Run|Options window was opened.
- If I minimise a box, then open it from the box selector, the minimised box
doesn't maximise, as it probably ought.
- Application icons continue to disappear when I upgrade.
- Numeric precision appears to be fixed at 10. It should be possible to
set this by a property, and it should default to something more like 2 or 3.
- Closing a rule editor with the X on the top of the window seems to save
the changes before closing. Closing a buffer editor in the same way doesn't
appear to save the buffer element.
- Nowhere on a box does it give the box's class. Perhaps the first thing
under the property tab could be un uneditable property such as: Class:
- Help isn't context-sensitive. HTML system supports it, but WinCOGENT
provides only one entry point.
- Table buffers use a different font from other buffers. Why?
- It is not possible to ignore/reinstate box elements (and it isn't possible to edit ignored elements either).
- Some script editor functionality
- User-defined properties
- Interactive activation networks
- Display updating is still unsatisfactory, and could be improved along the lines of unix COGENT, by monitoring file sizes.
- It would be nice to have right-button context menus in editors
- It would be nice to have a standalone binary oos, so as to remove the need for users to have pl installed.
SWI prolog bugs
- SWI prolog versions 2.9.4 - 3.1.1 inclusive are known to contain
bugs which break OOS under various conditions. Avoid these versions of
SWI. Use version 3.1.2 or later if possible.