COGENT Version 2.2 Registration
The COGENT package as downloaded from the COGENT website provides all users with
core COGENT functionality. Users may register COGENT in order to obtain some
additional features. At present registration for
academic and non-commercial user is free, but we reserve the right to
introduce a registration fee at some point in the future for subsequent
versions of COGENT.
In order to register, please email us at R.Cooper@bbk.ac.uk. In
your email please provide your full name, your email address and a brief
description of your intended usage. If you have an institutional affiliation
we'd be pleased to know of that as well.
Registration helps us to keep track of active users. Registered users may
receive occasional email from us querying their usage of COGENT. This email
will be infrequent and will be intended purely to help develop COGENT to best
suit users' needs.
Additional Features Available upon Registration
Registration enables the following features:
- Undo/Redo of previous edits.
- Find/Replace of terms within a model.
- Various model syntax checking functions.
- Export/Import of box contents to text file.
- Output/Printing in HTML format.
- Conversion of a model to a format suitable for WebCOGENT.
- The ability to switch off message logging while running a model,
thus enhancing model performance.
- Under UNIX and Mac OS X, optimised code for model execution.
- Positioning of nodes on the Diagrammatic History panel of the Research
- Additional classes of box, such as Socket
boxes and Associative Network boxes.
- A variety of extensions to the experiment scripting language.
The "Professional Edition" of COGENT
Users familiar with previous versions of COGENT should note that all
features of the Professional Edition are now available through registration.
Thus, the student/professional distinction has been abolished and replaced by
the unregistered/registered distinction.