Known Bugs (and Some Work-Arounds) in COGENT Version 2.2 #4
- Editing properties doesn't always set a box's change flag. This is
delayed until a "focus out" event for the relevant property's widget, but such
events are not generated by hitting the run buttons, so changing a property
and running the model may not save the model. We could fix this if hitting any
of the run buttons was to generate a suitable focus out event.
- The "Import" feature, which allows code created within a text editor to be
imported, does not handle /* */ style comments as it should.
- A few menus are incorrectly drawn on rare occasions. To see the bug,
open a box and arrow diagram and then move the mouse over the "Done"
button (being carefull that the cursor doesn't cross any other buttons
on the top of the window). Now click (without releasing) and drag the mouse
across the various buttons to the "Edit" button. A blank edit menu should
appear. This is arguable a bug in the window interface toolkit (GTK+)
rather than COGENT, but still it wouldbe nice if it didn't happen.
- Extraction of TAR and TGZ format archives can be confused if the name of
the archive is changed before it is extracted. This bug only affects the UNIX
version: TAR and TGZ formats are not available on Windows COGENT.
- Resources are not always released properly on the Windows version of
COGENT when a window is closed. Consequently COGENT can eat all the system
resources. Some recent changes to COGENT should have reduced this problem, but
we believe it is mostly due to a bug in third party software. There isn't a
great deal we can do about that apart from wait for an update...
- The contents of the OOS Trace window occasionally become corrupted. This
only occurs after restarting OOS. It is difficult to replicate and of only
minor inconvenience. Restarting OOS again will normally fix the problem.
- When editing a functor name (from within the condition editor), invalid
characters in the functor name are correctly prohibited, but typing an invalid
character still advances the cursor.
- Very occasionally OOS exists with "Error Code 1". This occurs after
certain internal OOS errors. We believe that we have trapped all such errors,
and that "Error Code 1" errors should no longer occur. If they do, restart OOS
to resume running the model. If an "Error Code 1" error persists, please let
- Printing in HTML format and "webifying" a model do not generate images for
the HTML that is produced. For example, an HTML printout of a model should
include a bitmap or gif image of the box and arrow diagram, but it doesn't.
See the documentation on what's missing.
- Some popup transient windows (e.g., confirmation windows) can be hidden by
dragging other COGENT windows over them. This shouldn't be possible -- such
windows should remain "on top" of the window to which they relate. Some do,
some don't. This inconsistency should be fixed.
- Problems may arise when saving a model if there isn't enough space to save
on the disk (e.g., the user's disk quota is exceeded or if the disk is full).
The model will probably be corrupted. This is not nice.
- This list is probably incomplete.
Where possible we do try to fix bugs. Please report any that you find!