Known Bugs in COGENT Version 2.1 b4
Where possible we seek to fix bugs. Therefore please report any that
The following list is probably incomplete:
- Extraction of TAR and TGZ format archives can be confused if the name of
the archive is changed before it is extracted. This bug only affects the UNIX
version: TAR and TGZ formats are not available on Windows COGENT.
- The directory chooser (used for setting preferences) does not always open
with the currently selected directory visible in the scrolled window.
(Reported by RC on Jun 1, 2001.)
- Resources are not released properly under Win32 when a window is closed.
Consequently COGENT can eat all the system resources. We believe this is a bug
in third party software.
- Occasionally the OOS trace is over-written. This problem is relatively
minor and difficult to replicate.
- Occasionally OOS exists with error code 1. This happens after various
internal OOS errors. We are gradually trapping all such errors and hence
avoiding the error code 1 bugs. If it does happen, you will need to restart